Sunday, March 07, 2004

Surprise, surprise - there's a blog!

Hi guys...sorry it's been so long since I had an entry. Been busy, distracted, lazy - a combination of it all, I suppose. Today is the very last time we will be in Acapulco. Sad day for us all as this is our favorite port. We leave tonight at 11:00pm.

I am frantically preparing for our disco party on the 12th. The crew has the ship overnight by ourselves as we are repositioning to start sailing out of San Fran. So when we leave San Diego on the 12th we will be alone - without any passengers. It will be great. But I am in charge of the decorations of the Mardi Gras theme so I have to go out and purchase all the decorations today. Can we say, "Donde esta la fiesta??"

Things have been going smoothly here onboard. I have 10 weeks left before I come home. I am so excited. I have had an awesome cruise this run. I met 2 young people from Austin who are so sweet. They are in their early forties I think. Just great people though - live right by Mount Bonnell and we had spent a lot of time together this cruise. It was great to talk to someone about home and have them know exactly where I am talking about. I am planning to have dinner with them when I come by for vacation.

I have also met a couple of crazy ladies in their 30's that are from San Francisco. They are both therapists and just really laid back. We spent the day together in Puerto Vallarta and just had an awesome time. (Yeah, I spent the day with not one but two, therapists. Go figure.) They have invited me to San Fran to stay with them and go tour the city. I think it would be a lot of fun for sure. Just don't know when I will have the time. Hehehehe.

Nothing really new here. Just hanging out. Got the fleet ratings yesterday from last cruise and I am the highest rated social hostess in the entire fleet. I was so excited. I can't believe it!! It feels great to be at the top. (Of course everything could change in one cruise).

Let's see, what else.... the food sucks here, my skin is so dry from the treated water and air conditioning system.... I can't wait to come home and eat some great food. Nothing has a taste here. Hmmmm...... Brick Oven. Brick Oven sounds so good right now. Or Z-Tejas.

Next week - we will be doing Cabo San Lucas, Monterrey & Catalina Islands. All 3 are tender ports which will make it difficult for us to get off the ship. May 5th - adios! Headed to Alaska! (Super excited about those itineraries....)

Okay, I am a blabber, blabbering all over this screen. Love everyone and miss you dearly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home