Saturday, November 29, 2003

The Most Incredible Sunset... (for Jennifer)

I walked up to the "Bon Voyage" party late yesterday afternoon to take pictures for guests and socialize and I had no idea what I was walking in to. After just a brief few hours in San Diego, I really wasn't able to notice the beauty of the city until seeing the sunset last night. I was standing outside on the 12th deck high above the water and the sunset was incredible. Blues, reds, oranges just bounced off the sky into the ocean. The sunset had a gorgeous backdrop of the lit city of San Diego. It seemed to just go on forever. The wind was blowing and the boat started to turn - all the while, the black Boyz-to-men-wannabe group in the background singing, "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay." As cheesey as it sounds I couldn't help but think about how amazing it would be to be taking off on a 10 day cruise with my girl. (Rather than standing there in a fog with nude panty hose on taking pictures for 3 japanese people who don't speak any English. No kidding, the man pointed to the button on his camera and said, "Shot." instead of shoot.) It was nonetheless a breath taking moment. Just right before the sun went away, that moment of silence. The first bit I have had since my departure. In a sea of people that one moment at glance of the sky, just took me away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home