Aca-puke-co, Mexico...
Acapulco stinks. I smelled the worst smell in my life today and I haven't a clue of what it was coming from. I still smell it and it is now hours later on the ship. Peewwww.
Lisa and I had a very strange day in Acapulco. Orginially, we started out to shop for new works shoes and have some pina colodas. We went to Sansborn's which is supposedly a department store. Uh, no. The sold souviners there and that's about it. Next, we walked down to the Mexican Wal-mart, except this wasn't Wal-mart, it was weird. There was a man dressed in a spiderman costume handing out flyers, loud intercom speaking in spanish about the specials and people galore. We went in to buy Shampoo (I know how exciting right?) and the guy actually had the nerve to stop us as we entered the store with our pina colodas. What a first! isa and I have trecked inside the Puerto vallarta mall with open 40's of corona beer and never had anyone say anything to us. It was apauling. So, needles t say, we quickly finished our drinks and entered the store. Shortly after making our purchases we crossed the street to head to "Zapatorias" (shoe store). We chose about 6 different pairs of shoes that we wanted to try on - meanwhile I am struggling with my spanish skills to tell them what size we wanted and color. Every shoe we chose, they could not produce the correct size.
It was frustrating. So we let and continued our shopping. Somewhere along the way in search of our next pina coloda, we end up in old Acapulco, walking down stinky streets with very local people surrounding us. We were in cracktown I am sure of it. We walked fast and finally escaped back to the tourist side. Don't think we will make that jaunt again. We ate at some random restaurant that didn't understand what nachos were and the margaritas were serve din plastic champagne glasses (very strange). Our taxi back to el barco was $2.00 (even stranger as normaly it's about 10).
All in all, what a weird day. Lisa and I are planning to go out for dinner tonight. I wonder what will happen this time??? We are talking about bungee jumping tonight at Paradise. How scary. I don't know if I can pull it off. My luck, the cord will break and I will be flung in to the ocean. i will keep you posted of the outcome.
I talked to Jennifer today for a long time. She's doing well. I miss her so much. Had a little breakdown last night where I tried to purchase an ocean phone card with 200 pesos of Mexican money since the bank was closed. When I couldn't reach her, I gave up and went to sleep. Our conversation today was great though. I can't wiat to see her and everyone else in May.
Smooches from el stinko,
Shelly
Lisa and I had a very strange day in Acapulco. Orginially, we started out to shop for new works shoes and have some pina colodas. We went to Sansborn's which is supposedly a department store. Uh, no. The sold souviners there and that's about it. Next, we walked down to the Mexican Wal-mart, except this wasn't Wal-mart, it was weird. There was a man dressed in a spiderman costume handing out flyers, loud intercom speaking in spanish about the specials and people galore. We went in to buy Shampoo (I know how exciting right?) and the guy actually had the nerve to stop us as we entered the store with our pina colodas. What a first! isa and I have trecked inside the Puerto vallarta mall with open 40's of corona beer and never had anyone say anything to us. It was apauling. So, needles t say, we quickly finished our drinks and entered the store. Shortly after making our purchases we crossed the street to head to "Zapatorias" (shoe store). We chose about 6 different pairs of shoes that we wanted to try on - meanwhile I am struggling with my spanish skills to tell them what size we wanted and color. Every shoe we chose, they could not produce the correct size.
It was frustrating. So we let and continued our shopping. Somewhere along the way in search of our next pina coloda, we end up in old Acapulco, walking down stinky streets with very local people surrounding us. We were in cracktown I am sure of it. We walked fast and finally escaped back to the tourist side. Don't think we will make that jaunt again. We ate at some random restaurant that didn't understand what nachos were and the margaritas were serve din plastic champagne glasses (very strange). Our taxi back to el barco was $2.00 (even stranger as normaly it's about 10).
All in all, what a weird day. Lisa and I are planning to go out for dinner tonight. I wonder what will happen this time??? We are talking about bungee jumping tonight at Paradise. How scary. I don't know if I can pull it off. My luck, the cord will break and I will be flung in to the ocean. i will keep you posted of the outcome.
I talked to Jennifer today for a long time. She's doing well. I miss her so much. Had a little breakdown last night where I tried to purchase an ocean phone card with 200 pesos of Mexican money since the bank was closed. When I couldn't reach her, I gave up and went to sleep. Our conversation today was great though. I can't wiat to see her and everyone else in May.
Smooches from el stinko,
Shelly

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home