Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Today's Poll: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

As I rode the Metro Park and Ride into Downtown this morning, I stared out the window and thought about this question. I encourage everyone to post a comment answering this question - but to truly think about it before you make a post. Never before have I given this question true thought outside of the interviewer's 5 minutes of anxiety. So, I ask you... Where will you be in 10 years?

I personally see myself working in a major record label company as the marketing and public relations manager for maybe 3 or 4 bands. Juggling lots of travel and invitations to posh parties. I see myself living a relatively conservative professional life, making good money and buying a quaint lake property somewhere in Austin. I see myself vacationing internationally for 3 or 4 weeks during the summer and spending my Christmas' somewhere ultra cold. I see lots of charity work, a busy calendar and a personal assistant to die for.

**Pray for our service men in Iraq. Another soldier lost his life to those low-life monsters.**

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's just assume that it'll stop raining within the next 10 years and we all survive this rain from Hell! IF I don't float away in a river of rain water and my ark actually floats and doesn't sink ... then I think I'll be in a career that I'm successful and happy at(not sure what yet). I'll be a homeowner in a great city if not in Austin. I won't be consumed by my job. I'll have time for extended weekends, family and yardwork. I will have finally found that balance of work and play. I'll be excited by the simple things in life like my partner (not always simple), my nephews achievements, home depot sales, and the occasional vacation. All that matters is that I'm healthy and happy with where I'm at. Even if I'm not an executive or business owner or paid world traveler. Happiness is a state of mind. I hope I'll always focus on the things I have rather than where I THOUGHT I'd be.

Everyone, hurry, build your Ark! It won't stop raining!!!

Jen

June 29, 2004 at 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home